Thursday 13 June 2013

New slouchy tops

It's been interesting times around here.  Luckily I have people to help me when I am too busy to face the sewing machine!  I have been up in Fiji - every six months I am part of a team of voluntary mentors who go to help out SME businesses up there.  The goal is to create jobs.

Meanwhile back in NZ my own job-creating programme was working away on some new products.  First of all we have the new Minnie + Ree slouchy tops.  These are from the WRAP (Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production) supplier that I wrote about in my last post.  The tops have come out so well, I've already nicked a couple off the rack!  They have appliqued motifs and a cute useful little back pocket.  There's a surprisingly lot of work in cutting out and attaching the motifs. I prepared them all, sewed the first one, flew away and came back to find they were all magically finished!! There are two styles - a 100% cotton crew shape with a band at the bottom,  and a 50% cotton 50% modal Hi Lo hem.  (Modal is fabric made from tree bark.)  They have been made up in the standard Minnie + Ree sizes: Small is NZ 8-10-12 and Average is NZ 14-16-18.  With these I think the slouchy-baggier the better!

The weather is crap here today so I can't get any decent photos to put on the website!!  But here's a pic until then ...


1 comment: