Tuesday 1 October 2019

Marseille and the fabrics

Well this has been interesting. I may be returning empty-handed!! 

I've followed up all my leads but still haven't found any fabrics that I want to bring back. I have been inspired by a couple of things I've seen but they haven't been quite right. But based on what I've been advised I've found some of what I'm looking for online, and have made a couple of orders that may get home before me. 

No luck on the Toile de Jouy front yet though. But we did do an amazing photoshoot of my original dress. And I still have two more to embroider when I get back. 

My Paris favourite La Droguerie has a branch here and I did get a couple of little inspiration pieces. And check out their floor - it's made of buttons!!




But back to the slog ...










And I really thought I'd found gold here (a toile de jouy lookalike)  but it wasn't right, sigh. But the nice man told me about a possible web supply which led me to something else good!

Most of the fabrics I've encountered have been polyester and other man-made fabrics. It seems a bit odd since it is so warm here. And as we know it's important to wear cottons and linens when it's hot!



And a cold cider is pretty good too. It may be hard work for little reward but being an Intrepid Fabric Hunter in a crazy city that's full of roadworks is a lot of fun.

Tchao!
Ree
xox



https://www.minnieree.com/

https://www.instagram.com/minnie.faux/















No comments:

Post a Comment